Last Revised on: May, 20, 2018.
- Categories of Information We May Process
- Sensitive Personal Information
- Information We Collect or Create
- Purposes for Which We May Process Information
- Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Information
- What Information We Disclose to Third-Parties
- Retention Periods
- Data Subject’s Rights
- International Transfers of Data
- Data Security
- Data Accuracy
- Data Minimisation
- Cookies, Similar Technologies and Online Behavioural Advertising
- Direct Marketing
- How Can You Control Your Information
- Terms and Conditions
- Contact Information
This Store is not intended to be used by children or anyone below the legal age in their state of residence.
“Personal Information” means any information that can either itself identify you as an individual (“Personally Identifying Information“) or that can be connected to you indirectly by linking it to Personally Identifying Information.
“Non-Personal Information” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information, and does not, by itself, allows the identification of you as an individual.
“Sensitive Personal Information” means, but is not limited to, Personal Information about race or ethnicity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, any actual or alleged criminal offences or penalties, or any other information that may be deemed to be sensitive under GDPR.
“Other Information” means data that is not considered Personal or Sensitive in nature and is usually aggregated to provide the Service with statistical insights about the general usage of the Service by guests and users.
“User Information” means “Other Information” that, under some circumstances, and depending on applicable law, may constitute Personal Information. Personal Information together with Other Information is hereinafter referred to as User Information.
“Process”, “Processing” or “Processed” means anything that is done with any Personal Information or Non-Personal Information, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
3. Categories of Information We May Process
We may Process your personal details (e.g., your name), demographic data (e.g., your age), your contact details (e.g., your email address), records of your consents, purchase details, information about your interactions with our content or advertising, and any views or opinions you voluntary provide to us. We may also Process information about how you use our Service (e.g., the type of device you are using, the browser you are using, etc.), including your interactions with content on the Store.
We may also Process anonymous data, aggregated or not, to analyse and produce statistics related to the habits, usage patterns, and demographics of customers as a group or as individuals. Such anonymous data does not allow the identification of the customers to which it relates. All Personally Identifying Information is used solely for the fulfilment of your orders, communications between the Store and you, and maintenance of your account.
We may Process the following categories of Personal Information about you:
- Personal details: your name and login details (email and password).
- Demographic information: age/date of birth, and language preferences.
- Contact details: postal address, telephone and/or mobile number, email address, and your public social media handles or profiles(s).
- Consent records: records of any consents you may have given to us, together with the date and time, means of consent and any related information (e.g.: the subject matter of the consent).
- Purchase and payment details: records of purchases and prices, invoice records, payment records, billing address, payment method, payment amount and payment date. We do not store nor keep records of your credit card numbers or Paypal login details.
- Views and opinions: any views and opinions that you or other users choose to send us, or publicly post about us on the Service (e.g: Product reviews, testimonials, comments on blog posts, etc.) or on social media platforms.
We may also collect other kinds of information from you or other sources, herein referred to as “Other Information”, which may include but is not limited to:
- Information about your use of the Service, such as usage data and statistical information, which may be aggregated.
- Searches for and interactions with e-commerce and/or contest opportunities, such as offers and promotions contained in the Service.
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which is a unique string of numbers automatically assigned to your device whenever you access the Internet.
- Device type, settings and software used.
- Log files, which may include IP addresses, browser type, ISP referring/exit pages, operating sustem, date/time stamps and/or clickstream data, including any clicks on customised links.
- Web Beacons, which are electronic files that allow a website to count users who have visited that page or to access certain cookies.
- Pixel Tags, also known as clear GIFs, beacons, spotlight tags or web bugs, which are a method for passing information from the user’s computer to a third party website.
- Local Shared Objects, and Local Storage, such as HTML5.
- Embedded Scripts which are programming codes designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service by temporarily downloading onto your device from our web server or a third party with whom we work. Embedded scripts are only active while you are connected to the Service and are deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Mobile analytics to understand and improve the functionality of the mobile version of the Service on your phone.
4. Sensitive Personal Information
We do not seek to collect of otherwise Process your Sensitive Personal Information. If, when and where we need to Process your Sensitive Personal Information for a legitimate purpose, we will only do so in accordance with the applicable laws, and to the possible extension, only after your consent. We do not collect or otherwise Process in the ordinary course of our business any Personal Information about race or ethnicity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, any actual or alleged criminal offences or penalties, or any other information that may be deemed to be sensitive under GDPR. Where it becomes necessary to Process Sensitive Personal Information under GDPR, we would rely on one of the following legal bases:
- Compliance with applicable law: Where the Processing is required or permitted by applicable law;
- Detection and prevention of crime: Where the Processing is necessary for the detection or prevention of crime (including the prevention of fraud);
- Establishment, exercise or defense of legal rights: Where the Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal rights; or
- Consent: Where we have, in accordance with applicable law, obtained your prior, express consent to the Processing of such information.
About the use of the Service by Children: The Service is not intended to be used by children, especially those under the age of 13. No one under the age of 13 should provide any Personal Information. Minors under the age of 18 are not permitted to make purchases through the Service, or to obtain discount coupons or codes from the Service to purchase goods or services on third party websites and vice-versa, or to obtain discounts and participate in promotions within the Service. If it is discovered that we have collected Personal Information from someone under 13, that information will be deleted immediately.
5. Information We Collect or Create
We may collect or obtain User Information about you: directly from you (e.g., when you contact us), in the course of our relationship with you (e.g., if you make a purchase), when you make your Personal Information public (e.g., if you make a public post about us on social media), when you visit our Store, or when you register (e.g., create an account) to use any part of the Service. We may also receive User Information about you from third parties (e.g., social media platforms). We may also create User Information about you, such as records of your interactions with us. RECORE STORE is not responsible for Personal Information you volunteer about yourself in public areas of the Service. This Policy does not cover the practices of third parties who may provide information about you to the Store.
We may collect User Information about you from the following sources:
- Data you provide: When you provide it to us across our Service (e.g., when you sign up for emails or newsletters, register an account, enter a promotional giveaway, participate in surveys, contact us via email or by any other means, etc.).
- Business relationship data: We may collect or obtain your Personal Information in the ordinary course of our relationship with you (e.g., if you make a purchase from us).
- Data you make public: We may collect or obtain your Personal Information that you clearly choose to make public, including via social media (e.g., we may collect information from your social media profile(s) if you make a public post about us, or comment on our public posts).
- Service data: We may collect or obtain your Personal Information when you visit, use, or register and account with the Store, or sign up to our newsletters.
- Content and advertising information: If you choose to interact with any third-party content or advertising on the Channels, we may receive User Information about you from the relevant third-party.
Please note that RECORE STORE is not responsible for the information you volunteer about yourself in the discussions in certain public areas of the Service (e.g, product reviews, comments on blog posts, etc.), or information that you choose to make public in your account profile or other areas of the Service that may allow users to upload or post content. We discourage users from posting such Personal Information in this fashion. To request removal of your Personal Information from these areas, please contact us the email address “[email protected]”. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know that we are unable to do so and why.
We may also create User Information about you, such as records of your interactions with us and details of your purchase history, for internal administrative purposes and analysis. We may also combine data you have provided to us with data obtained from third parties such as social networks.
6. Purposes for Which We May Process Information
We may Process User Information to provide the Service to you, to communicate with you, to provide advertising to you on the Channels, to perform analysis of engagement with our audience, to observe user engagement and purchase activity across the Service and Channels, for marketing our services and offerings to current and prospective customers, to manage our IT systems, to perform financial management, to conduct surveys, to ensure the security of our systems, to conduct investigations where necessary, to comply with applicable law, or to improve our Service. The purposes for which we may Process User Information, subject to applicable law, include:
- Provision of the Service to You: Providing the services of the Store to you including (i) offering of promotional giveaways, (ii) processing of your payment information for your purchases, (iii) processing the delivery of your orders, (iv) management of your account, (v) offering promotional and marketing information to you, and (vi) customer support and relationship management.
- Offering and Improving the Service: Operating and managing the Service, providing personalised content to you, communicating and interacting with you via the Service; identifying issues with the Service and planning improvements to or creating new functionalities, and notifying you of changes to any current functionalities of our Service.
- Surveys: Engaging with you for the purposes of obtaining your views and opinions about the Store.
- Communications: communicating with you via email or social media regarding requests for support or information in which you may be interested, subject to ensuring that such communications are provided to you in compliance with applicable law, maintaining and updating your contact information where appropriate, and obtaining your prior, opt-in consent where required. We may provide direct marketing to you as set out in Section 15 below.
- Advertising: providing advertising based on your interests and interactions with the Service and Channels, including using User Information to serve you advertisements on the Channels. For further information, please see Section 14 below.
- Audience Engagement: Identification, analysis and development of audience engagement, advertising and promotional strategies on various platforms and channels, both within the Service and on Channels.
- User Engagement and Purposes: Tracking and analysing purchase traffic and activity across the Service and on Channels, and provision of analytics and measurement of cost of traffic against profits.
- Marketing to Customers: We may perform marketing campaigns to current and/or prospective customers who have indicated an interest in doing business with or have previously conducted business with us in order to further generate and promote our business. Such efforts include sending marketing emails to drive the use of products and services offered by RECORE STORE.
- IT Administration: Administration of the Store’s information technology systems, network and device administration, network and device security, implementing data security and information systems policies, compliance audits in relation to internal policies, identification and mitigation of fraudulent activity, and compliance with legal requirements.
- Security: Electronic security measures (including monitoring of login records and access details) to help mitigate the risk of and provide the ability to identify and rectify security incidents.
- Financial Management: General business and financial management purposes, including: economic, financial and administrative management, planning and reporting, personnel development, sales, accounting, finance, corporate audit, and compliance with legal requirements.
- Investigations: Detecting, investigating and preventing breaches of policy, and criminal offences, in accordance with applicable laws.
- Legal Proceedings: Establishing, exercising and defending legal rights.
- Legal Compliance: Subject to applicable law, we reserve the right to release information concerning any user of the Service when we have grounds to believe that the user is in violation of our Terms of Service or other published guidelines or has engaged in (or we have grounds to believe is engaging in) any illegal activity, and to release information in response to court and governmental orders, other requests from government entities, civil subpoenas, discovery requests and otherwise as required by law or regulatory obligations. We also may release information about users when we believe in good faith that such release is in the interest of protecting the rights, property, safety or security of RECORE STORE, any of our users, or the public, or to respond to an emergency.
7. Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Information
We may Process your User Information in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy, relying on one or more of the following legal bases, depending on the circumstances:
- Consent: Where you have given us your prior, express consent to do so (this legal basis is only used in relation to Processing that is entirely voluntary – it is not used for Processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way).
- Contractual necessity: Where the Processing is necessary in connection with any contract that you may have with us.
- Compliance with applicable law: Where the Processing is required by applicable law.
- Vital interests: Where the Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of any individual.
- Legitimate interests: Where we have a legitimate interest in carrying out the Processing for the purpose of managing, operating or promoting our business, and that legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms.
8. What Information We Disclose to Third-Parties
We may disclose your User Information to other entities for legitimate business purposes (including operations of the Service, and providing services to you), in accordance with applicable law, including:
- International carriers, such as FedEx and USPS, that need your name, shipping address and phone number to deliver the products you buy from the Store;
- Payment Processors that need to verify and aprove your payments for your orders, and help the Store in the identification of possible payment frauds;
- Legal and regulatory authorities, upon request, or for the purposes of reporting any actual or suspected breach of applicable law or regulation;
- Outside professional advisors (such as accountants, auditors, or lawyers), subject to binding contractual obligations of confidentiality;
- Third-party Processors (such as analytic providers), located anywhere in the world, subject to the requirements noted below in this Section;
- A relevant party, law enforcement agency or court, to the extent necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal rights;
- Any relevant party for the purposes of prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties, including safeguarding against and the prevention of threats to public security;
- Any relevant third party acquirer(s), in the event that we sell or transfer all or any relevant portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganisation, dissolution or liquidation).
With respect to surveys, in the event that responses are publicly disclosed, users will be notified at the time they take the survey, giving them the option to opt-in before they participate. Otherwise we will disclose only aggregate information regarding users’ responses in surveys to other participants in the survey. Where surveys allow users to submit written comments, and where the Store advises users of the possibility of such disclosure at the time they take the survey, RECORE STORE reserves the right to disclose any information provided by users, provided that no identifiable or identifying Personal Information identifying is disclosed.
If we engage a third-party Processor to Process your User Information, the Processor will be subject to binding contractual obligations to: (i) only Process the User Information in accordance with our prior written instructions; and (ii) use measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the User Information, together with any additional requirements under applicable law.
9. Retention Periods
We may retain your personal data for as long as your relationship with us is active (e.g., by having a RECORE STORE Account), or as otherwise needed to provide you with our Service, which means we keep your account information while your account is considered active. We take every reasonable step to ensure that your User Information is only Processed for the minimum period necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. The criteria for determining the duration for which we will keep your User Information are as follows: we will retain copies of your User Information in a form that permits identification only for as long as is necessary in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy, unless applicable law requires a longer retention period; unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep the information, we plan to retain it for no longer than is necessary to fulfil our legitimate business needs.
After terminating your relationship with us by deleting your RECORE STORE account or otherwise ceasing to use our Services, we may continue to store copies of your personal data as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes between you and us, to prevent fraud and abuse, to enforce our agreements, and/or to protect out legitimate interests.
Regarding your account and your history of orders, these are the retention periods for data in our own databases:
- Completed orders: 18 months
- Pending or incomplete orders: 30 days
- Failed or canceled orders: 14 days
- Inactive Accounts: 3 years
- Paypal: Since Paypal process all our payments, both Credit Cards and Paypal Wallet payments, they need your information for some short period of time to confirm your identity and validate your payments.
- Carriers: In order to deliver the products you purchase with us, either FedEx or USPS (whatever you choose during checkout) need to have your Personal Information for at least the time it take for the products to reach your shipping address.
Note that we retain inactive accounts for 3 (three) years, which means that if no activity occurs in your account for 3 consecutive years, all your personal data and any other information associated with your account is automatically deleted from our databases.
10. Data Subject’s Rights
If you are located in the European Economic Area, in accordance with the European Union data protection regulations, you have additional privacy rights regarding your personal data. As a matter of internal policy and respect for the privacy of our audience, RECORE STORE extends these rights, listed below, to all our users, regardless of their country of residence:
- Right not to provide or withdraw consent: You have the right not to provide or withdraw your consent at any time for receiving newsletters and other communications from us.
- Right of access: You have the right to request the Personal Data we retain about you.
- Right of erasure: You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Data we retain about you.
- Right to object to processing: You have the right to request that we stop processing your Personal Data and/or stop sending you marketing communications.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to require us to correct or update any of your Personal Data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please send us an email at the address “[email protected]” so that we may process your request (include “Privacy Request” in the subject line).
Furthermore, if you believe that we have processed your personal data unlawfully, you may submit a complaint to this same email address.
11. International Transfers of Data
Due to the international nature of our Store, we may need to transfer User Information to third-parties, including information collected in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) which may be transferred, stored and Processed by us and our services providers in the United States and other countries whose data protection laws may be different than the laws of your country. In particular, these three cases are relevant:
- Validating your payments: Our payment processor (Paypal) needs your information to verify and validate your payments for your orders.
- Deliver of products you buy: The carriers you choose during checkout (FedEx or USPS) need your information to deliver the products you buy.
- Analytics: Data for analysis of traffic on the Store is provided by Google and may be stored in servers whose locations are out of our control.
12. Data Security
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures designed to protect your User Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure, unauthorised access, and other unlawful or unauthorised forms of Processing, in accordance with applicable law.
Every single page of our Site transfer data using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. In certain instances we may transfer certain User Information encrypted in a non-human readable format to provide extra protection. However, we cannot guarantee that there will not be a breach, and we are not responsible for any breach of security or for malicious actions of any third parties. Please ensure that any Personal Information that you send to us is sent securely.
All data retained, created and/or hosted by the Service, including any User Information, Products, and code for any page or functionalities offered by the Site is backed up daily on off-site storage, and copies are always kept for the last 7 (seven) days of backup. In case of any breach, or infrastructure problems or violations, we will only incur in a maximum loss of the last 24 hours of data traffic.
Because the Internet is an open system, the transmission of information is not completely secure. Although we will implement reasonable measures to protect your information, we cannot guarantee complete security of your data transmitted to us using the Internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk and you are responsible for ensuring that any Personal Information that you send to us is sent securely.
13. Data Accuracy
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your User Information that are Processed by us is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date, and if any of your User Information informed to us by you and Processed by us is inaccurate (having regard to the purposes for which they are Processed) is erased or rectified after contacting you. Is is your responsibility to inform us, when necessary for providing you with the Service, accurate and up to date information.
14. Data Minimisation
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your User Information that is Processed by us is limited to the minimum User Information reasonably necessary in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy or as required to provide you with access to the products and services offered by the Store.
15. Cookies, Similar Technologies and Online Behavioural Advertising
Tracking technologies on the Service may be deployed by RECORE STORE and/or by our service providers or partners. Certain tracking technologies enable us to assign a unique identifier to you, and relate information about your use of the Service to other information about you, including your User Information. We may match information collected from you through different means or at different times and use such information along with offline and online information obtained from other sources (including from third-parties), including, but not limited to, demographic information and updated contact information, for the purposes of learning more about you so we can provide you with more relevant content.
We and our partners (including but not limited to e-commerce partners, social media platforms, and analytics providers) also may use technologies such as pixel tags, IP addresses, and Local Storage such as HTML5 to analyse trends, administer the Service, collect and store information such as user settings and anonymous browser identifiers, supplement our server logs and other methods of traffic and response measurement, track the current page the users are opening and their browsing habits around the Store, gather demographic information about our user base, and to improve our understanding of traffic on the Service and visitor behaviour. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these third-party companies on an individual and aggregated basis. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing Local Storage. Please familiarize yourself with these features on the browser you use.
We may use mobile analytics software to collect data and to better understand the functionality of the mobile version of our Site. This software may record information such as how often you use the Site, aggregated usage, and performance data. We may link this information to User Information.
16. Direct Marketing
We may Process your User Information to contact you via email Newsletters to provide you with information regarding the Service, product offers, upcoming promotions and other information that may be of interest to you, using the contact details that you have provided to us, and always in compliance with applicable law, and always according to your previous Consent.
You may unsubscribe from our newsletter lists at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the footer of every email we send you. We will not send you any emails from a list you have selected to be unsubscribed from, but we may continue to contact you to the extent necessary for the purposes of any other Service you have requested (e.g., keep you updated about the status of your orders) or for additional emails you have signed up for.
17. How Can You Control Your Information
The Store extends the rights provided by GDPR to European citizens to all our users, regardless of their country of residence. Therefore, all RECORE STORE users have information rights including: the right not to provide your Personal Information to us, the right of access to your Personal Information, the right to request rectification of inaccuracies, the right to request the erasure, or restriction of Processing, of your Personal Information, the right to object to the Processing of your Personal Information, the right to have your Personal Information transferred to another controller, and the right to withdraw your previously given consent to receive information from us. We may require proof of or need to verify your identity before we can give effect to these rights.
You can directly take steps to change your preferences for newsletters and online behavioural advertising as outlined in this section.
If you register for an Account on the Site, you may review and update your account information by logging in to your account with your username and password to edit your Personal Information right on the dashboard for your account.
You may also directly take steps to change your preferences as follows:
Newsletter and Email Subscriptions. You can opt out or unsubscribe to a newsletter or other email list at any time by following the “unsubscribe” link present at the footer of all newsletters you receive from us. Please allow five to ten business days for changes to take effect. On some parts of the Service, member service-related communications are an integral part of the Service we provide, to which you subscribe and you may continue to receive emails as part of that particular portion of the Service unless you cancel your account, even if you opt out of the newsletters or email list. For instance, even if you are removed from any such list, if you order any products from us, we will send you emails confirming your order, updating you about payment and delivery, and may need to contact you if we have questions about your order. If you have provided more than one email address to us, you may continue to be contacted unless you request to unsubscribe each email address you have provided. Any opt-out by you is not deemed valid until processed by us.
Cookies and Pixel Tags. You may stop or restrict cookies and pixel tags on your computer or purge cookies from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. This is done on your computer so you need to familiarize yourself with your browser settings and its outside of our scope for support. However, if you “turn off,” purge, or disable cookies or pixel tags, although you may still use the Service, you may not be able to use all of the features and functions available on the Store.
EU Residents. GDPR provides certain rights for EU residents. You may decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide you with some of the features and functionalities of the Store. These rights include, in accordance with applicable law, the right to object to or request the restriction of processing of your information, and to request access to, rectification, erasure and portability of your own information. Where we process your information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent (noting that such withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of any Processing performed prior to the date on which we receive notice of such withdrawal, and does not prevent the Processing of your Personal Information in reliance upon any other available legal bases). Requests should be submitted by contacting us via email (using the contact instructions noted in this Section and in Section 19 below).
18. Terms and Conditions
20. Contact Information
Stalk us out there